This is the official policy for the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and any other social media sites of the Port of Long Beach (City of Long Beach Harbor Department). Our social media sites were created to educate and inform people with an interest in the Port of Long Beach about the Port. The sites allow people to access information and is a platform to interact directly with Port of Long Beach representatives.
Before posting or submitting content on a Port of Long Beach social media page, please review these terms:
- A posting or any other submission on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- The posts and comments expressed on this site by the members of the public do not reflect the opinions or endorsements of the Port of Long Beach, its officers or employees. The Port of Long Beach does not claim or assert any ownership interest in any of the material posted here by the public, but by your posting or submission of any materials on this site, you are granting the Port of Long Beach a royalty-free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to display it on this site and others, in the Port of Long Beach’s sole discretion.
- “Liking” or other connections between the Port of Long Beach and another person/organization does not imply endorsement of that person/organization or that person/organization’s actions or comments.
- This page is administered by the Port of Long Beach through its Communications Division, but the content on this site is not entirely controlled by the Port. All social media sites that the Port participates with are owned and operated by third-party entities not affiliated with the Port of Long Beach. The Port of Long Beach does not endorse any link or advertisements placed on this site by the social media site or its vendors or partners.
- The Port of Long Beach reserves the right to remove comments from and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate or offensive material on this site, as determined by the Port of Long Beach.
- The Port of Long Beach has the right at all times to disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and to edit, refuse to post or to remove or to store any information or materials posted here. All information posted to the Port of Long Beach’s social media sites shall be deemed a public record which the Port will disclose without any prior notice to you.
- The Port of Long Beach does not accept any statutory notice required to be given to the Port of Long Beach by any law, regulation or contract on social media websites. All such notices shall be provided and delivered to the Port in the manner described by applicable law, regulation or contract.
The Port of Long Beach requires that all comments remain “on topic” and stick to the subject matter of the original post. Comments not meeting these criteria may be removed.
The Port of Long Beach reserves the right to remove without notice any comments or submissions that it deems to be inappropriate or offensive, including but not limited to comments or submissions that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others.
- Include sexual content, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, racism, hatred, slander, threats and/or violence.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation, personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or any type of comment that is non-constructive, hateful, spiteful or insulting.
- Promote specific commercial entities, causes, products, candidates for office or political organizations.
- Contain spam or advertisements.
- Contain personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy.
- Include material having intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks or any other property that belongs to another person or organization.
- Contain links to inappropriate websites, or links that do not directly relate to City services, issues, news and events.
- Promote illegal activity.
- Compromise public safety or operations, contravene law, or are disruptive or factually inaccurate.
Contact for the Port of Long Beach
If you have any questions or comments, or for more information about these terms, please feel free to contact: Communications and Community Relations at 562.283.7700 or by email at email@example.com.