The Network Bid System
Port of Long Beach
San Diego County Water Authority
City of Colton
West Basin Municipal Water District
Inland Empire Utilities Agency
Eastern Municipal Water District
How do I know if I am an SBE or VSBE?
To define a Small Business Enterprise (SBE), the Port utilizes U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) size standards based on North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes. To see if your business qualifies as an SBE, you may conduct a NAICS code search by keyword, or view the SBA's Table of Small Business Size Standards.
The Port defines a Very Small Business Enterprise (VSBE) as a small business with $3.5 million or less in annual gross revenue, averaged over the past three years, or a small business manufacturer with 25 or fewer employees. This designation mirrors the State of California's Microbusiness designation.
Vendor Registration & SBE Certification
All vendors (large and small firms) interested in participating in the Port’s SBE/VSBE Program are strongly encouraged to register with the Port’s online database & e-procurement system, The Network.
If you are a small business, you must register as a vendor and obtain SBE certification through The Network. Prior to applying for SBE certification, please read our Registration & SBE Certification Instructions to assist you in completing your online application.
Registration benefits include:
- Free participation for all businesses
- Easy self-registration process and account updates
- Registration of goods & services specific to YOUR business
- Access to all of The Network’s participating agencies with a one-time registration
- Online notification of contracting and procurement opportunities with all The Network partners
- Access to upcoming events, procurement opportunities, and training workshops sponsored by The Network partners
- Access to technical support at no cost
- Simple and expedited online application process for SBE certification
- SBE/VSBE search tool by multiple criteria - zip code, NAICS code, NIGP code, etc.
If you have registered and are ready to learn more, proceed to How the Program Works.