Filming/Special Events at the Port of Long Beach
Welcome to the Port of Long Beach's online resource for special events, filming and still photography.
Companies or individuals engaged in taking still photographs, filming or conducting an event within the Port of Long Beach for commercial purposes are required to apply for a permit.
Members of the news media or those seeking to film or photograph Port facilities for non-commercial use should read our Public Photography and Filming Policy.
The Port of Long Beach is one of the busiest seaports in the world with thousands of trade containers and other cargo flowing in and out of its terminals every day. We recognize that commercial filming and events are important contributors to the state and local economy. Our staff is available to accommodate your requests while preserving the Port's primary objectives: to facilitate goods movement, build and maintain world class facilities, and provide a safe and secure port complex. We appreciate your cooperation and patience and we thank you for your consideration.
To apply for a permit, please fill out our online form or contact the Terminal Services Office at (562) 283-7760 or via e-mail at TSOAdmin@polb.com. We are open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To fill out our online form, click here.
- For information on location scouting, click here.
- For a map of the Port of Long Beach/Harbor District, click here.
- For a copy of the Port's W-9 Form, click here.
- For a list of answers to FAQs, click here.
- If you wish to film or hold an event on terminal property, you must get permission from the terminal operator in addition to obtaining a Port permit. Click here for a list of terminal operators.
- Permits issued by the Port for Special Events, Filming or Still Photography do not cover any other agencies' jurisdiction. Click here for a list of other permitting agencies.