Study on Aggregate Terminal Released
Hearing set for Aug. 22 on new construction material import facility
July 27, 2012
The Port of Long Beach and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers today released a draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report on a proposed construction aggregate, sand, gravel and granite import facility on privately owned land in the Harbor District.
The Port will host a hearing to offer the public an opportunity to comment in person on the document:
6 p.m., August 22 at Long Beach City Council Chambers, 333 W. Ocean Blvd. 90802.
Spanish and sign language translation services will be provided.
The parking structure entrance is on the south side of Broadway between Chestnut and Cedar avenues.
The public is also welcome to comment in writing. Please send comments to Rick Cameron, Director of Environmental Planning, 925 Harbor Plaza, Long Beach, 90802; or Cameron@polb.com.
The deadline for comments is September 21, 2012.
The Draft EIS/EIR is available for public review at these locations:
- Port of Long Beach Harbor Administration Building, 925 Harbor Plaza, 90802
- Long Beach City Clerk's Office, 333 W. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach 90802
- Long Beach Main Library, 101 Pacific Ave., Long Beach 90822
- San Pedro Regional Branch Library, 931 Gaffey St., San Pedro 90731
- Wilmington Branch Library, 1300 N. Avalon Blvd., Wilmington 90744