Reminder: Hearing Wednesday on Aggregate Terminal
Construction material import facility proposed for Port
August 20, 2012
A public hearing will be held at 6 p.m., Wednesday, August 22, to seek comments on a draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report on a proposed construction aggregate, sand, gravel and granite import facility on privately owned land in the Harbor District.
Download the fact sheet here.
The draft EIS/EIR was prepared by the Port of Long Beach and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The project is proposed for a vacant 8.3-acre site on Pier D.
The 6 p.m. meeting on August 22 will be held at the at Long Beach City Council Chambers, 333 W. Ocean Blvd., 90802. The parking structure entrance is on the south side of Broadway between Chestnut and Cedar avenues.
Spanish and sign language translation services will be provided.
The public is also welcome to comment in writing. Please send comments to Rick Cameron, Director of Environmental Planning, Port of Long Beach, 925 Harbor Plaza, Long Beach, 90802; or Cameron@polb.com.
The deadline for comments is September 21, 2012.
The Draft EIS/EIR is available for public review at these locations:
- Port of Long Beach Harbor Administration Building, 925 Harbor Plaza, Long Beach, 90802
- Long Beach City Clerk’s Office, 333 W. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, 90802
- Long Beach Main Library, 101 Pacific Ave., Long Beach, 90822
- San Pedro Regional Branch Library, 931 Gaffey St., San Pedro, 90731
- Wilmington Branch Library, 1300 N. Avalon Blvd., Wilmington, 90744